Apocalypse progression is bad

Insomnia

Squire
Squire
This game has like the worst xp gain i have experienced in a game. Barely any progression. They are no better than Activision. You pay to unlock stuff, but you have to play to get it. But the xp gain is horrible. But hey, you can just spend even more money to skip that part. Then there are the q's. I spend some hours trying to do this. Impossible when you can't get the damn weapon you need. I see how how they will make their money from the mmo. Barely any progression for the average player, so they have to sub for ages to get anywhere. If they is what they can do, the mmo is going to suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Swordsman
Donator
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
Personally I must admit I'm having fun and haven't paid anything besides getting the legendary path for free as an Alpha 1 backer. Currently I'm level 25 and haven't played non-stop. The quests themselves as well as coming in the top 3 or getting lots of kills certainly make it easier to progress. Keep at it and you'll start to notice that sweet sweet exp trickling in :happyface:

Insomnia

Squire
Squire
I won a match in squad, and got 530 or so xp. That is a little. And doing some of the q's can be fucking impossible, when you do 5-10 matches, and find the 2 weapons, 3 times in total. Or something like that

So nice that you can spend more time getting into a match, and waiting for it to start, than actualy play it, due to how these games are designed. And for what, no xp. The game is a joke. So unfair that you play vs people with more experience than you, that kill you so fast that you don't have time to learn the game. Then if you do squad, which you need to do to finish some of these ridicules quests. You get matched up vs a group of highly skilled players, that is a premade that uses voice chat. While your group goes in seperate directions on entry, and you have no way of communicating. They are no better than activision. Plus i bought the legendary path, so i get extra xp and the xp gain is still a joke. No way they are gamers

Last edited by a moderator:

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Swordsman
Donator
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
If the Battle Royale isn't your cup of tea, it's possible that the castle sieges or horde mode (pve) may be more your thing. I'd also recommend joining a guild that play it as it certainly helps with the communication issues that you mentioned.

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
(My personal) Golden rule of Battle Royale: Do NOT land where everyone else does. Find a place where nobody lands and work from there.

In Apocalypse, you can find weapons in almost every building, if not in every building. I played about 5-6 matches total just to test the progress (when Apocalypse initially "released", not bothering with testing weekends or time slots anymore) and even though there were people that had months experience before I even got to play, and it was clearly noticable that people I played against had prior experience, I was always able to reach at least top30 in every match.

If you say you don't last long enough to learn the game, apply my golden rule of battle royale.

Insomnia

Squire
Squire
I do try and land where others don't. It is starting to get better, i just still feel like the xp gain is low. It is unrealistic for the average person to reach level 50 in the given time frame, with the current xp gain