Ashes News - Rumor's About Intrepid/Daybreak Games acquistion?

You might of recently heard about or seen article's posted in gaming new's sites about Intrepid Studio's buying Daybreak Games. This is what we have been told in response by Steven at Intrepid as well as Daybreak Games.

StevenResponse.png

From Steven on the official Ashes of creation discord earlier today.
DaybreakResponse.png

From Daybreak Game's on their forum's earlier today. Orignal Post

If you would like to take a look at the article's in question here are the main two new's sites that this has come from.
www.mmorpg.com - Article
Massively OP podcast

So what are your guys thought's on the acquisition? will it happen or is it just rumor's ?

Last edited:

Comments

Cydramech

Explorer
Veteran
Explorer
I don't see it happening but if assuming Intrepid were to acquire the Everquest IP, I think that could be quite the boon to Ashes of Creation.

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
they already have a few dev's from daybreak, and with the layoff's that daybreak had today, i don't see why they wouldn't obtain some more :smile:

Cydramech

Explorer
Veteran
Explorer
they already have a few dev's from daybreak, and with the layoff's that daybreak had today, i don't see why they wouldn't obtain some more :smile:
Yeah, that's part of why I don't see it happening, Intrepid already has the meat, while obtaining the Everquest IP would be like getting a dessert itself.

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Knight
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
I don't think Intrepid has the capital to purchase any portion of Daybreak let alone the whole thing, considering AOC is partially crowdfunded. Any veteran staff let go from say EQ or EQ2 would be a good addition for Ashes. EQ is coming up on the 20th anniversary next year, you know those devs know how to make a lasting game.

Ashone1

Recruit
Recruit
I can see Intrepid adding more staff, unsure about an ip purchase, think it s unlikely,

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
Update on the whole situation Aggelo's over at the Dungeon Crawler Network has a lot more information on the whole debacle

New threads

Latest guides

Facebook Page