Ashes of Corruption - what's your opinon on the corruption system?

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
for information on the corruption system checkout these community wiki's for more information. - Ashes Of Creation Wiki and AOCwiki.net

what's your thought on the mechanic? do you think it will hinder open world pvp or make open world pvp great again?

Brainzy

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Discord
BrainZ#5952
I think if everything is working as intended we will have a good system in place to protect lower leveled or not in pvp interested players.
The risk of dropping gear if you have a high corruption value should stop people from camping certain players etc.
Well you could just make a toon and give it decent gear and go on a killing spree against new players... but i hope the rest of the server takes care of that problem. :D

Just a question: upon death a normal playeronly looses xp no resources right? Or was it xp and might drop some resources?

• Agree
Reactions: Tex

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
yeah only corrupted players drop resources i think it was or at least the higher the corruption the higher the amount of resources that will drop.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I think the corruption system in Ashes looks very good. I certainly do not want a game that has "outlaws" being able to kill lower lvl players without any consequence. I like that the world is open, and that you CAN kill anyone if you want. But there will be negative consequences, just like in real life. From the info that we have now, it looks very solid.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
yeah only corrupted players drop resources i think it was or at least the higher the corruption the higher the amount of resources that will drop.
I believe resources can ALWAYS drop on death, corrupt or not (check one of the last interviews). Corrupted players however, may drop actual items from their character.

Tiberius

Recruit
Legend Premium
Guest Editor
Recruit
Reaction score
AoC Class
Mage
Discord
Tiberius#6476
Tex is correct, the added disadvantage of being a corrupt player is you can lose your hard fought for gear. I am interested to see what kind of open PvP there will be. When will corrupted be applied ect. is it all the time? or only certain kills in certain zones. Will level difference disparities cause corruption? and also how fast will you gain it. We will have to see.

Kleinature

Content Creator
Legend Premium
Dungeon Squad
Swordsman
Reaction score
Corrupted players will also lose fighting effectiveness the more corruption they gain. So even if there is a player that wants to be a griefer they will eventually have so much corruption that they won't be able to kill anyone (and then run the risk of losing their actual items on death when other players kill them as stated by a few others above).

I'm a fan of the system. It will make people take a second thought before actually attacking someone and also give the passive (green) players more sense of risk/excitement knowing that anyone could possibly kill them if they wanted to.

Makes the game more interesting IMO

Will level difference disparities cause corruption? and also how fast will you gain it. We will have to see.
I think the higher the level, the more corruption is gained for that single kill. As an example you may only receive a small amount of corruption if you kill a player with a higher level than you, whilst you may receive a huge chunk of corruption if you kill someone that is 5+ levels below etc. The more level difference the greater the corruption. Although this isn't confirmed.. this is how I would like to see it.