Can Intrepid Studios learn anything from this video?

Morashtak

Tanks with Fishing Pole
Legend Premium
Recruit
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Morashtak#6754
Does AoC's large land mass alleviate the concern that a large world is irrelevant if the end game is all about instanced dungeons and raids?

Does the node system place additional emphasis on the size of the world and should new areas be opened up for exploration as the old ones become set and stale?

Does having to travel throughout Verra instead of using a looking-for-group mechanic make the world necessary rather than simply a box that IS checked off?

Will AoC's node system, that affects the immediate surroundings and mob numbers/levels, forgo the silly "fetch me ten bear asses" type quests?

Should IS keep progression to a slow but steady with a sense of several small rewards, rather than a few large steps along the way to end level?

Are any of the concerns in the video your concerns?

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
It's a great video which brings me back to when MMORPGs were big virtual worlds in which you could spend hours doing nothing.

Considering AOCs slogan is "Make MMOs great again", I do believe Intrepid has a lot to learn from this video, because apparently they want to make MMOs great again, but all I see them doing is apply modern trends that led to the downfall of MMOs. Cashgrab here, cashgrab there, buy founders pack to get limited stuff and not to mention that all of it is overpriced. No wonder they promise us "No P2W! Only cosmetics!" when they grab all the cash even before the game is released so they do not have to do it afterwards.

All of this did not exist in the glory days of MMOs. Founder Packs? What!? During my prime time you would become a Founder by following the game early and help testing (and they did not charge for testing, mind you), not buy yourself a Founders title 2 weeks before release when you have not even heard about the game 2 months prior to becoming a "founder".

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Guild Master
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
If Intrepid follows what they have already laid out and presented, I think the world as a whole won't become stale.

The nodes are meant to grow and fall over time as players want to unlock new events or new world bosses. So a level 6 city month 2 of the game could be completely gone come month 5. Their are also castles which will change hands over time as well factoring in the need to travel and use of the whole game world.

And from what they've said of resources spawning I would assume, depending on spawn locations, resource tycoons would be following the spawns around the world.

Also climate may effect crop growth. Farmers may want to stay in the equator of the world for corn and wheat while say some frozen fruit only spawns in the northern edge of the continent.

And with all of these players spread out for different reasons caravans will be traversing the landscape. Lots of reason to spread out and explore.

If Intrepid follows through.