Cleric Mechanics

Draugshade

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the way a Cleric spells are going to work. The give and take of life is really interesting, I'm not familiar with any other games that use this mechanic. Usually it's "call upon your deity", which basically means, you're a mage, but only with people's life and when you god decides you can.

It would be cool to have a religion dedicated to healing and it buffs a Cleric even more when you dedicate to them.

I can't wait to yell at someone - "NO! GO FACE TANK IT SO I CAN HEAL YOU MORE!"

Zella

Swordsman
Legend Premium
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Zella#0001
As a fellow Cleric main I am also really interested to see how this goes! I could see it being a strong "have to actually pick your heals wisely" mechanic that forces you to be fluid with communications.

However, I can also see it putting Clerics in a place it would be easy to burst damage them and take them down quickly if there was a backline attack. Especially if there was a stealth or something where it went unnoticed for even a split second...since those are seconds you now already gave up (if that makes sense)!

glak

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
The doing damage to heal mechanic will need PvP bystander testing :devilish2:

Wondering if cleric-rogue or cleric-mage class will add use of an alternate resource for spells.

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117

Hopefully they have / will improve the animation / holding of the staff, instead of it looking like a baseball bat :Blobcleric:

• Agree
Reactions: Tex

dogzilla

Recruit
Reaction score
However, I can also see it putting Clerics in a place it would be easy to burst damage them and take them down quickly if there was a backline attack. Especially if there was a stealth or something where it went unnoticed for even a split second...since those are seconds you now already gave up (if that makes sense)!
Too right Zella :sad:.. AND we got invisability, stealth for both rogue and ranger - blink ..cat boots (so death from above)
~i fear the back is no longer safe, am putting my faith in hard armour - and stamina to dodge-roll as a priority!

Good question {as implications to my Cleric/Mage} about Manna pooling and top-ups (for planning potions or wisdom buffs)~
~this is going to make Guild planning siege-packs more trick to treat!

Happy Halloween~
Blessed Be All!