Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
So in MMOs I have usually ignored the whole gather & craft element, focusing instead on leveling and so on. Just found it too tedious gathering all those resources. How do you think AoC will be on this topic, compared to other MMOs? And do you enjoy this element in MMOs? Maybe it is time I start taking this seriously.. :)

Cydramech

Swordsman
Veteran
Swordsman
Reaction score
Discord
Cydramech#3315
I don't mind gathering or crafting, but my two biggest problems have always been that they're not action-oriented and/or wind up being rather useless (whether it's because better gear is easily found without crafting or because money itself is even more worthless, in which would be easily solvable if developers just made it so enemies never dropped gear in the first place).

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I don't mind gathering or crafting, but my two biggest problems have always been that they're not action-oriented and/or wind up being rather useless (whether it's because better gear is easily found without crafting or because money itself is even more worthless, in which would be easily solvable if developers just made it so enemies never dropped gear in the first place).
Exactly. But Steven did say that the best gear will both boss drops and crafted gear. As long as the crafted gear that is very premium, being very hard to make.

You'll also have shipbuilding and so on, so I can't wait for more details on this :)

Zainox

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
Zainox#0755
I love gathering and crafting. I usually do these in my cooldown/offtime to just relax and think less, but still progress through the game. One of the gathering classes I'm really looking forward too is fishing.

• Amazing!
Reactions: Tex

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I love gathering and crafting. I usually do these in my cooldown/offtime to just relax and think less, but still progress through the game. One of the gathering classes I'm really looking forward too is fishing.
I wish I could do the same. I often don't have the patience for it. In most games I have played, it took such a massive time investment to get to the actual useful items, that I'd just ignore it completely. Hopefully this game will get me going into crafting and gathering. :)

Goat

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Crafting will be integral to the node system, or so it seems from what they have said so far. Crafting will be required for much of the game's activities. I'm quite interested to see what direction they take with the different types of crafts for each archetype(gathering, processing, crafting).

Peaceman

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I have a crafter's soul. Though gathering seems a bit tedious, i will deal with it if it helps my crafting. Though that being the case, I haven't found any major details about the crafting system. Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me if you do know?

Lethanyr

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I love crafting. I dont mind long hours spent with gathering precious materials. If they spice up the process with anything, its half a win. A good and entertaining crafting system is the other half.

• Amazing!

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I have a crafter's soul. Though gathering seems a bit tedious, i will deal with it if it helps my crafting. Though that being the case, I haven't found any major details about the crafting system. Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me if you do know?
Well we know a fair bit by now. You craft by using recipes, which can be found many places such as quests, mob drops, freeholds, organizations etc. To get the required materials, you'll need to gather raw materials, refine the materials using processing profession, and finally crafting the items using the recipes. Using caravans may be required to get certain goods.

You can also pimp caravans, build ships, backpacks for larger inventory etc. Ashes is one of few games where I'm actually really looking forward to getting into this :D

More details: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting

buddy

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I like to have smaller content like crafting and even like the pet stuff because if my son wants to play he can just run and gather

Blackace

Recruit
Legend Premium
Recruit
Donator
Reaction score
My biggest bad habit is that I just can never pass up a gathering node, especially early into a new game or new expansion for WoW... always thinking in my head, "I can sell this got a lot right now since demand will be high" and then never sell it, instead banking it all until I end up needing it, which by that time the price is way down... The crafting part of games I tend not to focus to much on, always figure I can just buy what I need from the money I make from the materials I sell... So I'm hoping this time around, I'll sell while it's high for once!

• Haha

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
My biggest bad habit is that I just can never pass up a gathering node, especially early into a new game or new expansion for WoW... always thinking in my head, "I can sell this got a lot right now since demand will be high" and then never sell it, instead banking it all until I end up needing it, which by that time the price is way down... The crafting part of games I tend not to focus to much on, always figure I can just buy what I need from the money I make from the materials I sell... So I'm hoping this time around, I'll sell while it's high for once!
haha, yeah you gotta sell those early materials while they are in the biggest need. $$$ :)

By the way, Steven did specifically state that even "early game" materials/crafts will be required later on, so we won't get a state where all low level crafting stuff is just useless.

buddy

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
Gather the shit out of the lands befor every patch / expansion and you get millions ever time depends how the auction house works

Centego

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
AoC Class
Summoner
i love Crafting / gathering in games tho often its jsut a "temporarly" salution for gear sadly ive ben looking for games wher end game is where crafting still is the way to go to get gear ect.

hope ashes will deliver that as its stated :D hype up for it!