Director Letter And Live Stream - Thoughts?

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Guild Master
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
So I was wondering what others think of the recent news we received from the director letter and live stream. I've seen some chatter here and there, mostly about release date but that's it.

I'll open up with my thoughts. The letter was pretty lame. Just seemed to be everything we all knew already. Just confirmed. Can't really say much.

Now the live stream was much better. They confirmed with us the release date changes and no more expected dates until they are 100% sure. Which i greatly appreciate.

And for the most part Intrepid replied to many concerns the community had. They acknowledged lack of forums(but who needs them when you have this one) and the still broken accounts/purchases. They also said their plans to increase communication and transparency.

Intrepid said a lot. Has a lot of plans. I hope they follow through.

What do you guys think?

I ramble.

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
The letter on it's own was underwhelming like you mentioned @squeetee - It was much better alongside the live stream and it was just nice to hear what we all thought confirmed by Steven himself. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new content that comes out this month with regards to nodes.

Kleinature

Content Creator
Legend Premium
Dungeon Squad
Swordsman
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel they keep digging themselves deeper into the hole. Everyone knew that there would be a delay but I think a lot of people expected the letter to have at least a few juicy things on it since it took a huge amount of time and needed several "approvals" from the team.

Yes I like how each month will have a different theme of info but what completely baffles me is the fact that this is the month of nodes .. and yet they hinted that we won't be getting nodes 3 this month. Anyway.. With everything that is going on they will really need to win back their community as I feel the numbers have dwindled quite a bit. Even seeing the amount of viewers on the twitch stream went down significantly to only 1000 viewers or so when usually I think it's around the 5000 mark?

I'm glad they showed a little snippet of the castle sieges. From seeing the video I thought they went a bit too flashy with the light effects and it seemed a bit clunky with the attack swings.

And now we just have to be patient. Looking forward to the new content they release.

• Agree
Reactions: Tex

Santy182

Swordsman
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
I assume the letter's Objective was to kill the hype and reset expectations. In that regard I think it achieved it.

In the livestream they tried to rekindle the hype a little bit just to not let it die completely.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I guess the letter was just the way it was intended to be (as @Santy182 mentioned about reset of expectations/new timeline), but it still feels disappointing. I just expected something concrete on the development. Especially when Steven used such a long time confirming "details", and then just posted mostly stuff we knew already.
We just got a lot of SoonTM pretty much.

On the bright side, the introduction of Margaret/Sarah was very much needed, and their involvement has been positive. More articles, better communication. Shame about the other stuff over-shining it. A bit late, they should have gotten them hired last summer.

JuliusInvictus

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Idk, I've been following this project for a little over a year now. It genuinely feels we have the same issues we saw with Eternal Crusade - grandiose ideas, and a plan to get there. Then, somewhere along the line, something drastically changed.

I **REALLY** want this game to succeed, but after Star Citizen, Eternal Crusade then seeing the progress of AoC....sad times are being had, my friend. I just think this BR stuff was a cash grab that backfired horribly.