Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
Do you think that we will possibly see a Druid in Ashes of Creation? Although it doesn't seem so from the names of class combinations I am hopeful that the Py'Rai or Religions will make this possible. What do you guys think?

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I think there will be "druid elements" in certain class combos, but I doubt we'll see a 100% druid as you probably know it from WoW and so on. Somewhere between the cleric, bard and summoner combinations, + elf race :) May get something that seems very similar.

Draugshade

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I agree, I feel like druid is a pretty missed class for how prevalent it is in most fantasy genres.

Maybe a Ranger/Summoner? Instead of buffing your companion, you merge with it to become more powerful?

Thoughts I guess.

Santy182

Swordsman
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
I think we won't miss it. I already feel very overwhelmed by choosing one among 64 classes in AoC xD

Draugshade

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
This same discussion was started on the Ashes forums, and someone said maybe in future expansions or something, but there might be a reason for it to not be included. Time will tell. :)

dogzilla

Recruit
Reaction score
Watching Krojak's live-stream with Steven and Jeffrey (and forgot a name - but there Were cats! - and bacon!) religion was mentioned as "next dev" territory with allusions to content.. just from plot context alone i'm totally down with Ranger/Summoner as Py'Rai Wild Elf or Human to provide for that Druid Knight feel - just less Asterix &Obelix holly berries and golden sickles ..so maybe Cleric/Summoner, or, Ranger/Summoner then ALT Cleric - to put it in white robes~

Being Halloween and All (makes sign of the Eastern Star) scrying in a moonlit pool i had a precognitive vision of Religion driving plot elements like natural disasters as PvE node challenges*

Mihyel

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
There might actually be one. In the class list there's a Ranger into Mage combo called Scion. I'd never heard of that before so I looked it up and it has 2 definitions. One is just a descendant of a wealthy family but the other is "a young shoot or twig of a plant, especially one cut for grafting or rooting." Grafting and rooting to me sound like druid abilities and given the class combination it could make some sense that a ranger who turned to magic would be a druid. But of course there's no solid word on this yet.

• Amazing!
Reactions: Tex

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
There might actually be one. In the class list there's a Ranger into Mage combo called Scion. I'd never heard of that before so I looked it up and it has 2 definitions. One is just a descendant of a wealthy family but the other is "a young shoot or twig of a plant, especially one cut for grafting or rooting." Grafting and rooting to me sound like druid abilities and given the class combination it could make some sense that a ranger who turned to magic would be a druid. But of course there's no solid word on this yet.
Nice catch @Mihyel !

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
Good point @Mihyel - But can we truly call it a Druid if it doesn't heal? :thinking: