Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
BRb4naq.png

Hand of Unity is a community with a history of playing games together going back years, and a long-established leadership. We have taken many guises (such as 'Aurorian Empire', 'Exile' and 'The Magisterium') over the years when we have played different MMOs and games. Now, we’re looking for new members as we prepare for Ashes of Creation. While we wait we will be playing other games such as Overwatch, The Division 2, Hytale and many others.

Who we are;
Our guild caters to individuals who enjoy PVE content as well as those who enjoy slaying their enemies in PVP combat. We realise that presence in both areas is required in order to succeed, and fully appreciate the talent that grows from them.
We believe in quality over quantity and most of our members play other games outside of MMORPGs with each other, given the strong bonds that have developed over the years.
Our players are from very different backgrounds and cultures, yet we always strive to have an inclusive environment that is fun and lively for all involved.
A guild should not be a workplace and although we expect dedication from our members, we seek to reduce barriers as much as possible.

Our aims;
- Server firsts such as breeding and dominance in certain areas such as the arena and node mayor-ship.
- Medium to large scale PVP (Arenas, Open World, Caravans, Castles) and PVE Content (Node Leadership, Crafting, Dungeons & Raiding)
- To provide a stable and sustainable region for all players to enjoy
- To be a major political force on the server we choose to call home
- Continuing our successes in terms of Castle ownership from other MMOs such as ArcheAge
- Securing the best possible information during the testing phases to shape our future strategy

What you can expect from us;
- A long established leadership that has been fine-tuned through several MMOs. Our two leaders have been working together for the past thirty years
- Professional and supportive officers who are there to keep your best interests at heart alongside that of the guild
- A forward-thinking focus that has meant we’ve already formed alliances with three other guilds
- A friendly community of over one hundred members who continue to play other games together outside of MMOs including Overwatch, Path of Exile, Sea of Thieves etc. In the past we have played MMOS such as Ultima Online, Rift, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, RIFT, Everquest 2, ArcheAge, Black Desert plus many others
- Over forty players that are in the Alpha 1 testing phases alone, this will enable us to experience, capture and document all manner of content within the early testing phases of the project
- A family environment where members support eachother and interact even outside of games
- Support from our Officers and Class Coordinators to develop your skills when it comes to the game generally as well as your class
- A custom programmed guild bot, merit based points system as well as a variety of tools to ensure our members remain some of the most effective players of their class and/or profession

What we look for in our members;
- Individuals who are not just looking for a temporary place to join but a community that they will continue with for months or years to come
- Players who are over the age of 18 and will meet our minimum play time of 30 hours per week
- Maturity. We like to have fun and laugh but there are times where we require a serious can-do attitude
- Commitment to the game. Whether you like to engage in PVP or PVE, we have a place for you but you must give activities your all. We expect our members to strive to improve their gear, skills and knowledge
- Initiative; we encourage our members to set up their own events and activities alongside those set by the leadership

Our recruitment video:

Some of our random gameplay:

If you are interested in joining then please visit our website, hop into our Discord or if you just want to find out more then feel free to get in touch with us by sending me a DM via the forum.

Last edited:

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
Originally we started with Ultima Online, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan and RIFT in roughly that order, but with a smaller group of real and online friends. We met the rest of our group during the ArcheAge Alpha and then played that until unfortunately the cash shop shenanigans and pay 2 win began post release. After that we moved onto Black Desert and played that for several months but unfortunately we all were luke warm to the game, its endgame and combat system. Since then it has been pretty dry options wise so we are biding our time with games like Overwatch, Vermintide 2, Path of Exile and Sea of Thieves.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
Originally we started with Ultima Online, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan and RIFT in roughly that order, but with a smaller group of real and online friends. We met the rest of our group during the ArcheAge Alpha and then played that until unfortunately the cash shop shenanigans and pay 2 win began. After that we moved onto Black Desert and played that for several months. Since then it has been pretty dry options wise so we are biding our time with games like Overwatch, Vermintide 2, Path of Exile and Sea of Thieves.
Nice, that's a really solid MMO base! Some quality games. I myself played RIFT (a lot!), it has been my most played MMORPG ever. I was briefly in the AA as well, but like you said, P2W.. How come all asian related MMORPGs get into that? Sigh. It has been the story with most games I've tried that for example are korean ported games. Hero Online I think, was the first MMORPG I ever played. It was also a massive P2W fest.

What did you think of BDO? It looks pretty solid on the website, but I have never tried it.

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
It really is a shame as ArcheAge was a fantastic game pre 1.0 before all of the game mechanics got altered to facilitate the pay 2 win based features. Sadly it does seem to be a trend in Eastern MMORPG's these days.

RIFT was a great game back in the day, I played a fair bit at release myself and can remember having alot of fun on my Chloromancer. What particular class did you play?

BDO looks very pretty and has some excellent crafting/tradeskill systems in place. When we played it the pay2win elements were minimal due to certain mechanics in place. The issue was with the lack of end-game (it was either grinding mobs or grinding scroll bosses) and the buggy combat system (a guildmate who played Tamer said that the bugs from when he played in KR still weren't addressed). It can be a great game to pass some time away in but it just wasn't a good fit for us.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
Yeah, I know. I don't get why they have to ruin games like that.. It is a real shame.

Hmm, let's see. It has been quite a few years since the last time I logged into RIFT haha. I was a mage I believe. It has usually been my primary class choice in MMORPGs.

Yeah I noticed. They also have housing and some other cool stuff. I see. So in other words a pretty good game overall. Shame they aren't fixing the glaring problem with endless grind and buggy combat mechanics. You can never underestimate the importance of getting that combat mechanics right. It can make or break a game. Which is why so many were scared when they showed the first AoC footage. :p

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
Absoutely, the combat is the heart and soul of most things so it needs to be done right. I'm hopeful that Steven, his sandals and Bacon are up to the task though! :P

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
How do you feel about sieges? I see you specifically left that part out of the PvP section. If you plan on controlling a node, then you will probably end up getting sieged at some point :p

Then you also have Guild Castles. These will be big and probably hard to control, as I believe Steven said it will be a limited amount in the game world. So fighting over these will also be a thing. (Kings/Queens of Guild Castles get a Dragon ;))

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
We have engaged in sieges in both Black Desert and ArcheAge both as attackers and defenders but do include them indirectly in the node mayor-ship part. It's something that we should mention specifically though, you are right! We expect to be sieged at some point though haha :p

In terms of guild castles, we remain optimistic that we will engage in these with our three allied guilds but remain cautious given the fact that they involve several hundreds of members and will follow a Lineage 2 type set up. We held a guild castle for all of the persistent Alpha (which ran for many months) test for ArcheAge and also had the resulting perks e.g. special mount armour, a special mount etc. This was more difficult on launch given the immense server lag in Auroria when the nodes opened and constant zergs unfortunately.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
We have engaged in sieges in both Black Desert and ArcheAge both as attackers and defenders but do include them indirectly in the node mayor-ship part. It's something that we should mention specifically though, you are right! We expect to be sieged at some point though haha :p

In terms of guild castles, we remain optimistic that we will engage in these with our three allied guilds but remain cautious given the fact that they involve several hundreds of members and will follow a Lineage 2 type set up. We held a guild castle for all of the persistent Alpha (which ran for many months) test for ArcheAge and also had the resulting perks e.g. special mount armour, a special mount etc. This was more difficult on launch given the immense server lag in Auroria when the nodes opened and constant zergs unfortunately.
Nice. :p haha yeah it kinda does, just me nitpicking lol. I did some large scale battles in.. Was it Aion I think. In any case, I prefer smaller scale PvP types, such as what I hope caravan defense/attacks will be. Also arena obviously.

Cool! Perhaps you'll do something similar during the testing in AoC ;) It will probably be hard to maintain those over longer periods of time though, but should be fun! And those juicy perks and rewards are too hard to pass up on! If you are two co-leaders, who is the GM in game? (and thus get dragon ++ :p) I believe it was mentioned that there can only be one actual GM in game.

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
I'm happy for my Co-Leader (Falmin) to have it, would rather breed my own mount to be honest! :P As the PVP General, he will tend to need to be flying over the battlefield to keep an eye on things :D

Reactions: Tex

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
We are currently getting ready for some Sea of Thieves and are always looking for more scurvy dogs to join us! (for more bad humour and jokes ofc)

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109