How do you feel about the whole APOC detour (F2P, battle pass etc)?

Insomnia

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I didn't care to begin with. But with how it was "released", it seems like a cashgrab

Santy182

Swordsman
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
So far I have had fun in the APOC Beta and hope it pays off for them. helping them fix a lot of back end systems stuff before it releases in february or whenever APOC releases. And even before the MMO Alphas.

Right now all I can do is believe in what they say, and, taking them at their word, I don't consider it a detour. It looks like they wanted to make sure their servers / systems would be ready for players hitting them before showing the MMORPG pieces.
That said, if the Alpha 1 suffers from the same back end issues as APOC did. Then it will tell me they didn't know what they were doing here in APOC and it didn't help them with the back end systems as they expected making the whole APOC endeavor a huge waste of time and resources.

Even if that happens and Alpha 1 needs to be extended and release has to be pushed 6 months or 1 year I'm going to believe it was because of the inexperience of the company and not because they were focusing in the APOC game. Actually it doesn't look to me like there was much effort put into the APOC. It looks like something they put together in a jiffy with no thought at all and that's why I'm not afraid of another Fortnite incident where they ditch the MMORPG in favor of the BR. Also I believe them when they say that the whole team was formed with a very clear vision of making a very good MMORPG and not just an easy game mode to make a quick buck.

Now. Before someone comes and calls me an idiot for believing in the team. Keep in mind this is just an opinion and I'm not trying to make it pass as a fact. It's after all, just the way I feel right now about the current phase of the game. Maybe 1 year or 1 month from now I will have a different opinion. But right now I think they are still on the right track.

Insomnia

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
Despite the trust and lack of confident i have in the mmo, i don't belive either that they will cancel the mmo

LordManMode

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I want to believe that they are just experiencing growing pains. However, I am worried it's going to be one failure after the next( launch dates, promises, bad surprices and so on) But whatever, as of now it's the only project that shows any merritt at all.

The F2P and battlepasses I am totally fine with. The game is too "trash" for most people to bother spending time playing it, unless they want to grind the cosmetics. By making it f2p more people get to try it out, which helps both IS and let's the F2P players try out the game. It also opens up another income posibility with the legendary path which most can afford (for none A1 backers) which is a clever marketing idea.

To make me a less sad panda, I'd like to see more relevant information on status quo, and less failed promises. But that's just me. I don't mind that they plan to launch this as a seperate game mode. Not really sure why, but I guess, there's people out there who likes it :p

Reactions: Tex

Xyphien

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I personally hate Apocalypse, and I didn't know they did all of that tbh. I feel that this is hurtful to those who want to play the MMO and not the BR version of the game. I'm sure most of us has kickstarted this, and wanted the MMO and not another knock off BR that cannot even keep up with Apex.

I understand them doing the BR for stress testing, and combat testing purposes. But putting this much effort into it in my opinion is a negative thing. They should be focusing on making the MMO and not worrying about payments, rewards, etc. for playing the BR.

Insomnia

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I personally hate Apocalypse, and I didn't know they did all of that tbh. I feel that this is hurtful to those who want to play the MMO and not the BR version of the game. I'm sure most of us has kickstarted this, and wanted the MMO and not another knock off BR that cannot even keep up with Apex.

I understand them doing the BR for stress testing, and combat testing purposes. But putting this much effort into it in my opinion is a negative thing. They should be focusing on making the MMO and not worrying about payments, rewards, etc. for playing the BR.
They said it wasn't much work for them. The things we testet is part of the mmo. The things they have tried to test is for things in the mmo. ast time it was server stress testing. They have done combat, movement, quests. That is just the things i can come up with, at the top of my head

Santy182

Swordsman
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Now with the architecture problems it uncovered. I am very very glad they did the Apoc BR testing. It Evidently worked.

Cydramech

Swordsman
Veteran
Swordsman
Reaction score
Discord
Cydramech#3315
I don't like it. Any kind of BR/MOBA is beneath me. But we'll see whether it works out or not.