How will you enjoy PvP in AoC?

How do you think you will mainly participate in world PvP?

• Being corrupted - I love killing!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bounty hunter - Taking down those sweet bounties on corrupted souls

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Through organized PvP (sieges, caravans, arena)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • GvG wars (guild members are flagged vs each other, but not to others)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I will try to avoid it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
In what way do you enjoy/seek PvP? How will you participate in PvP in AoC? In the poll you may select up to two options.

There are various mechanics in play:

1) We know there will be some form of arena system. This will also be in play for military nodes when selecting a leader.

2) Battlegrounds, such as sieges, caravans or other specific zones.

3) Open world PvP. In the open world, flagging will be active. You'll be either non-combatant (green), combatant (purple) or corrupted (red). You can for example fight back if someone attacks you and you both will be marked as combatants. Where it gets interesting is when you add corrupt into the mix. -->
  1. If a player kills another, without them fighting back, they become “corrupt” and gain a certain corruption score
  2. Players gain a drop % on each item they are currently wearing as well as in their inventory
  3. A player's ability to function in battle is decreased as they gain more and more corruption.
  4. Only way to remove corruption is to die
  5. Location is revealed to bounty hunters when corrupt.[1]
If you are corrupt, you are marked on the map for bounty hunters. Getting the bounty hunter title is through a quest (in a military level 4 node).

4) GvG wars. Guilds can go to war vs each other. They will be flagged vs each other, but not to anyone outside the fighting guilds.

Linus

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I think I'd prefer to bounty hunt, love the excitement from hunting the corrupt! For justice, and all that... :p

Harue

Recruit
Recruit
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Mage
Discord
Harue #0801
I'm hoping to see something familiar like Archage where you can sail the seas without having to take responbilities as in corruption or infamy.
This will add having a new meaning to combat, trading routes and explortation.

Not that I'm a pirate, but like to see some extra to the game.
Further on, the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter stretch goal has fulfilled Enhanced Navel Content,
which could it make more complex when doing so.

Picture of the actual stretch goal:

1522188753943.png

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
PvP is my favorite thing about mmorpg's, it's where great friend's are made and where rivalry's are born. So i'll be spending most of my time slaying my enemy's, from what we know so far the corruption system has me a little concerned i feel like it may limit open world fights i.e. unplanned guild vs guild's, ganking world boss raid groups etc. but until alpha 1 etc hit's it's a bit early to say what it will be like properly.

• Amazing!
Reactions: Tex

Brainzy

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Discord
BrainZ#5952
well thats an easy answer to give. mainly through organized pvp as im planning on playing a healer. maybe its possible to fight 1vs1 with the subclasses added.

Zainox

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
Zainox#0755
I'm so bad at PVP, but I really wan't to give it a solid go this time around and try and get some-what good at it.

Suicune

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I don't like corrupted system because I love PK in game, if I can so.. hard decision. Something feels that after all, my PK player soul will win and I'll corrupted :cautious:

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
well thats an easy answer to give. mainly through organized pvp as im planning on playing a healer. maybe its possible to fight 1vs1 with the subclasses added.
Yeah playing cleric that can be good in 1v1 PvP would be fun.. :) Mage combination will probably be very common, for that DPS.

I don't like corrupted system because I love PK in game, if I can so.. hard decision. Something feels that after all, my PK player soul will win and I'll corrupted :cautious:
haha, first one to vote for corrupted in poll :cool: I'm sure you will be tempted to go over to the dark side, even if AoC has a corrupt system... =)

Brainzy

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Discord
BrainZ#5952
Yeah playing cleric that can be good in 1v1 PvP would be fun.. :) Mage combination will probably be very common, for that DPS.

haha, first one to vote for corrupted in poll :cool: I'm sure you will be tempted to go over to the dark side, even if AoC has a corrupt system... =)
I cant wait for alpha (1?) to test the different subclass variations. i think it will bring alot of complexity to pvp and pve.

As for the corruption system i think its a very solid protection for lower leveled players and people who are uninterested to fight.

as for the combat state for healers i think its very fair that if you heal a in combat player you are automatically in combat aswell.

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I cant wait for alpha (1?) to test the different subclass variations. i think it will bring alot of complexity to pvp and pve.

As for the corruption system i think its a very solid protection for lower leveled players and people who are uninterested to fight.

as for the combat state for healers i think its very fair that if you heal a in combat player you are automatically in combat aswell.
I agree. We really need to be able to test how this dual class system works. Needless to say, it is vital for being able to properly test the various PvP systems in the game.

Healing someone in a fight must definitely be considered entering the fight. If you do anything to any of the combatants, you should be flagged.

DeepDashing

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
As someone already said, being a bounty hunter killing corrupted souls

Solemnfaceman

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hunting down every player I can with a bounty or going after my nodes caravans.
I will try to mercenary myself and allies to merchants for that sweet protection racketeering.

QCake

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hunting down every player I can with a bounty or going after my nodes caravans.
I will try to mercenary myself and allies to merchants for that sweet protection racketeering.
Interesting idea of going after the caravans going in and out of the node you reside in...could that hinder node growth if enough people do that? And if so would that cause a sort of "police force" to try and stop people from doing that? In other words, create a new sort of PvP scenario