- 15 January 2018
- Reaction score
- AoC Class
So I've done some playing with Jurassic Park Evolution in the last month. I'm a massive JP and simulation games fan. So this is right in my alley. I haven't completed (unlocked everything) yet, but I do have some thoughts already, and based on what I've read on other sources, aligns with what many other fans feel:
- Amazing graphics. Really, nothing to complain about here. Pure eye-porn.
- Gene manipulation on the dinosaurs is pretty cool. We just need some more stuff to play with there. My favorite is being able to change the skin on the dinosaur through the gene mods.
- The dinosaurs has various needs which needs to be met, unless you want pissed off dinosaur wrecking havoc on your park. This is cool, though I'd like more specialized needs through the different species.
- Lots of dinosaurs. They should get some props here, we have tons of dinosaurs to chose from.
- You can ride around your park in a jeep or helicopter.
- Amazing audio and dinosaur sounds.
- Overall an enjoyable gaming experience. But:
- More unique animations for the different dinosaurs. There is A LOT of repeated animations along the different species, which makes things feel substantially less real.. We need more animations and more interactions among species to make them seem more natural.
- Dinosaur fighting is kind of lame. The animations are VERY limited and don't even sync up properly for most fights.
- Dinosaur interaction. Again extremely limited.
- We need bigger islands! Especially Isla Nublar, which is the sandbox island.
- No real sandbox. You have to unlock everything first, before you can really play with Isla Nublar and all the unlocks.
- Dinosaurs dying too fast, and having to resupply feeders manually. It is okay for the base game, but we should have an option to DISABLE this for the sandbox island.
- The buildings in the game look bland, and you can't modify them in any way.
- Too little decorations and stuff to make YOUR park seem unique. Eventually most parks look very similar, and this makes the game have considerably less replayability.
- No mods. Look at Cities Skylines. The mods make a new game, they are amazing. So very sad that we can't have community mods in this game.
- The three different branches (science, security and entertainment) making no sense (focus too much on one, and the others get pissed and try to *beep* you over), and having missions that are stupid. Man does this mechanic in the game seem flawed and rushed. It COULD be cool, but needs some patching..
- Small dinosaurs can head-butt their way through a 10 000 volt + heavy steel fence if they are un-happy. Yeah, makes sense.