Administrator
King
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
What games are you waiting for now? :timerunning:

- Battlefield V

Currently pre-loaded, ready to go for the November 20 release date. I've always been a pretty big BF fan, even though I haven't loved the last few BF games.. My favorite BF game was Battlefield: Bad Company 2, where I clocked about 500 hours. I am still hoping for a BC3 game, but in the meantime I'll have to take my chances with BF V! Multiplayer, with friends in the same squad, is a pretty fun experience :smile:

Also, the game has two maps from my home country (Norway), which is really cool. You can see the aurora borealis in the above image, which is from that small city that was featured during the nazi invasion - Narvik.

- Anno 1800

I've played all old-era Anno games, except the first one (Anno 1602). Anno 1503, Anno 1701, Anno 1404 (the best one by far). I tried one of the futuristic entries, but I hated that. Thankfully the team went back to their roots and is delivering a old-era game once more. Anno 1800 will feature railways, steamboats and everything you'd expect from the 1800s.
The recipe is the same, gather resources from around the globe (from the cold north to the exotic south where you can get spices, gold etc), trade and make your cities develop from peasants to aristocrats. If you enjoy complex RTS games, this is a game that make you sink countless hours into.. Be warned!
:superlove:

- Artifact

Valve's first game in years.. Right now the only valve game I play is Dota 2 (3000 hours xX), so naturally I'm intrigued when they release a card game featuring the heroes and style of Dota 2. The only card game I've played on PC was Hearthstone, which was fun until it was ruined by P2W, which seems to be the trend with card games. So I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic, but I may hate the game after playing.. Will be interesting to try regardless.

Kleinature

Content Creator
Legend Premium
Dungeon Squad
Swordsman
For me it's Smash Bros Ultimate. Played smash ever since N64 and could spend ALL day playing it. It's going to eat away at any free time I get for sure. Release Date: December 7. SO pumped for it.

smashultimate.jpg

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
I am currently in a gaming hiatus, not really into playing anything at the moment.

I picked up Skyrim on Switch, but that only lasted for about a week or two. Then I went back to Shaiya, that only lasted like 3 weeks so far and already lost interest in it again.

Black Desert is still running in the background for daily rewards and event quests, but not playing it either.

Recently I started looking for cheap second-hand PS4s or XBOnes to try Red Dead Redemption and pick up RDR2 once I finish the first game, but that may be just because of the release hype of RDR2.
Can't decide which console to get, most likely won't get either, but "selling points" are that I would also like to try The Last of Us Remastered and The Last of Us 2, but then, I already have 2 XBOne Controllers at home so getting a XBox due to that would make sense.

I don't really feel like cashing out 300 € or more to play a handful of games, so this purchase will most likely not happen.

Latest AAA games on PC also did not entertain me too much. Same routine: Play for 1-2 weeks, get bored of the same repeating routines in game, quit game.

The last single player games I really enjoyed were probably Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3, because both had amazing stories and did not feel too repetitive as you always had something to do, unlock and upgrade.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks interesting, but still a few years until its release. By that time, Ashes of Creation might already be available or in persistent Alpha 2.

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Knight
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
Well I'm excited about this little Indie game called Ashes of Creation. It looks promising.

Otherwise nothing really on my horizon. I'll just keep playing some Gundam games and finding what's F2P on steam. Maybe get back into Overwatch or PUBG.

vale

Squire
Squire
I am looking forward to Anno 1800 as well. Also "The Settlers" (2019) looks nice. Remindes me of good old days

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I am looking forward to Anno 1800 as well. Also "The Settlers" (2019) looks nice. Reminds me of good old days
I didn't know about a new settlers game coming! After looking it up, it does indeed look pretty promising. More cartoony than Anno, but it can still work ^^

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
Since we are talking Strategy, I'd love to see a new game in the Age of Adventures and Stronghold series, but with old mechanics.

They did make Stronghold 3, but it was far from Stronghold 1 and 2. Too small maps, no actual freedom. Age of Empires 3 was ok, but meh, 2 was better.

Then they made a AoE2 remaster, which is also meh. The same old game with some new textures which still don't look like todays standard.

Age of Empires 4 and Stronghold 3 would be nice, if they stick to their roots. Now that I mention it, didn't they announce something 1-2 years ago that they are working on a new AoE?
Now Blizzard is remastering Warcraft 3 rather than making a Warcraft 4.

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Knight
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
Then they made a AoE2 remaster, which is also meh. The same old game with some new textures which still don't look like todays standard.
It's like they had one art team member as a side project redo the graphics. It took them so long the graphics were outdated again.