YouTube Potential Youtube Topics

Keludar

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I have a few ideas for next video I want to begin tomorrow but would really appreciate feedback on whether they sound interesting/entertaining?

1. Ashes FAQ

A focus on not general info but things that people ask that are myths/misconceptions about the game. Or at least questions people ask a lot that evoke interesting opinions on my part.

2. Ashes Roleplay/Lore

Things the team could do that would stop solo meta gaming and encourage community and bring cohesion to the lore of the game. Removing things like map completion, daily quests and meaningless tasks.

3. Ashes Nodes - The Key to Changing Games Forever

Basically a summary of how theme park builds in games have killed creativity and stopped developers from changing the structure of games, working on evolving them. How I believe the node system could be the first step in a game world with built in AI. A world that completely can react to the players.

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
To me personally, roleplay and lore is boring. I always make my own story in games.

Ashes FAQ sounds interesting.

Keludar

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
To me personally, roleplay and lore is boring. I always make my own story in games.

Ashes FAQ sounds interesting.
Thanks for the feedback! Maybe I wasnt 100% clear in my description but the purpose of that video isn't exactly just about roleplay but how the design structure of games has slowly destroyed what I deserve most about games which is the sense of community.

Maybe the title i wrote isn't exactly descriptive of what the video I wanted to make.

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Guild Master
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
I would say option 3 is your best bet. It's heavy on opinion and you can pull from theme park MMOs as examples. Or MMOs that went from open world to theme park, SWG comes to mind. Should be a lot of talking points and something you can be passionate about sharing. I know I would be lol.

Option 1 people will go to a wiki for. Option 2 you can sorta roll into 3 as the node system will create a community, or at least give it roots to grow from.

Keludar

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I would say option 3 is your best bet. It's heavy on opinion and you can pull from theme park MMOs as examples. Or MMOs that went from open world to theme park, SWG comes to mind. Should be a lot of talking points and something you can be passionate about sharing. I know I would be lol.

Option 1 people will go to a wiki for. Option 2 you can sorta roll into 3 as the node system will create a community, or at least give it roots to grow from.
Yeah 2 into 3 seems like a solid idea. I'm going to try writing scripts and seeing how that goes this time. I think ift has a chance to stand out from other content I have seen.

Chryziaan

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Chryziaan#4337
I feel like there should be a podcast for ashes theories and discussions, these topics seem like good podcast ideas, but I don't know if that will be possible.

Either way, simply hearing various people's thoughts and discussion about lore, gameplay and such in a youtube video is also great, so this seems like great ideas for public discussions.

Zella

Swordsman
Legend Premium
Swordsman
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Zella#0001
I like 1 and 3! But I am one of those people who likes to discover lore on my own and let the immersion take over.

For more topics, you could taco-bout the rock/paper/scissors approach and which classes you think will be compatible ^.^

mmm what else....I'll just list some random things to talk about and maybe one of them will be helpful lol!
-Mobile apps
-third-party apps
-Server transfers
-Sieges and modes
-marketplace/stock
-monster coins/summoners + group summons
-talk about what zones will be instanced and which will not

Best of luck, @Keludar!

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
I like 1 and 3! But I am one of those people who likes to discover lore on my own and let the immersion take over.

For more topics, you could taco-bout the rock/paper/scissors approach and which classes you think will be compatible ^.^

mmm what else....I'll just list some random things to talk about and maybe one of them will be helpful lol!
-Mobile apps
-third-party apps
-Server transfers
-Sieges and modes
-marketplace/stock

Best of luck, @Keludar!
Zella gave me some ideas.

Some interesting topics would be:
- Add-ons (probably the same as 3rd party apps)
- Custom UI (like WoW)
- Offical web apps (statistics, characters, realtime node status etc.

These sound more like developer questions, but it would also be interesting to hear different opinions.

Shunex

Phoenix Supporter Group
Veteran
Knight
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Shunex#1117
Information Video's are great, lots of information was released over the last year, outdating alot of peoples information video's but they haven't really done information update videos, with the changes that have been said etc. New's updates are a dime in dozen, so many people do them but not the actual information about the game itself.

Keludar

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score

-Mobile apps
-third-party apps
-Server transfers
-Sieges and modes
-marketplace/stock

Best of luck, @Keludar!
Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I got really busy over the weekend but hope to maybe get something up by friday!