Steven Letter and State of Game Livestream - My PREDICITONS!

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Guild Master
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
So wanted to share my predictions for what the letter and live stream will be about. And wanted to get some thoughts on the topic.

March 7th the director's letter is to be released followed on March 8th with the live stream. News here.

I've already spoken with some of the community that had pretty good ideas. Overall consensus is that the director letter will have some big news. And the live stream will be to answer questions about that news the following day. Intrepid will probably compile a list of common questions from discord and forums, oh wait they don't have those still, to reply on the stream with.

But what will be revealed in the director letter?

I think 2 things will happen. Both starting with an apology for lack of communications and how APOC launch went. APOC launch was so troubled with the website/account transfer not going as planned and the launched APOC game being so buggy, it really left a bad taste for the playerbase. My account is still not showing correct purchases after the supposed "final migration" had completed.

After the apology I see either...
1) A conservative release schedule for Castle Siege and Horde mode with a distant A1 release month being given. And probably a pushed back launch date into 2020. This way they don't have to keep extending release dates a week or 2 before the expected dates. And if they manage to get some part of the project done early they can do an early release pumping up the audience.

This is a heavily conservative and more traditional game studio approach. Big broad estimates and times. Nothing in concrete so they can have more freedom for releasing chunks of the game.

2) The other option is they go all out and release an updated and fixed APOC on the 7th or 8th of March with castle sieges implemented. And a firm date on the A1 release. Intrepid can show off what they have been working on for the past month with APOC shutoff and get the audience off their backs that have been demanding A1/MMO release.

This option is more of the Steven Intrepid studios approach I see. Release everything as soon as they can and see what happens. They're in testing phases after all right?

The letter will end with a thank you to the community and maybe notice that the forums will be coming up in the next few days. Maybe even a free pet or something for every registered account.

The following day the live stream will be somewhat dependent on what was said in the letter.

If option 1) the stream will be answering questions and calming the playerbase in delay fears and giving reassurances.
If option 2) it will show live gameplay of castle sieges with maybe an MMO video thrown in the mix. Lots of questions being answered about different features and status of MMO.

So those are my thoughts. What is everyone else's? Do you think a major delay will be announced? Do you think it'll be crazy castle siege party time? Did i smoke too much ganja again?
Let me know :O

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
Seems pretty much spot on, in terms of what I think as well.
They will totally to a apology about the APOC open beta/website/forum mess. I hope...

If they don't give anything proper in terms of schedule for siege mode, horde mode and Alpha 1, the community will be in ruin (rightfully so). We need assurances that things are moving along at a nice pace.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say we'll be seeing siege mode end of March. Then horde mode sometime during May.
Alpha 1 will be delayed from Q2 to Q3. Alpha 2 won't be mentioned, but Q4 is realistic.

Release before 2020 is changed to in 2020. Or do you think Steven will still claim before 2020 as realistic? As he was asked specifically this on Discord (and said wait and see the letter), I expect some answers to what we can expect in terms of release.

Tomster45

Squire
Legend Premium
Squire
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
Tomster45
I would imagine they'll be talking about the server structure as they are struggling to reach the targeted players they want in each lobby one of the reasons castle sieges has been delayed for multiple months now. My guess is castle sieges won't be available to play till April and also the mmo won't be released till mid 2020 at the earliest.

Zehir

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
AoC Class
Rogue
Discord
Kirito #9351
Some distraction policy? Steven has many ideas in his head which drives us interested. I wish to see some of those ideas getting real in the letter or on stream. If they dont delay the schedule, then i expect them to reveal some new aspects of the game.