The importance of PVP and a detailed look in to the Corruption/Flagging Mechanic in Ashes of Creation

Kleinature

Content Creator
Legend Premium
Dungeon Squad
Swordsman
Reaction score

FliP

Forum Bot
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Fighter
Discord
FliP#8944
Great video, enjoyed watching it.

It is not the main topic, but since it has been mentioned, let me ask a question.

Obviously, we will have to wait and see, but brainstorming about the caravan feature makes me wonder: Why would anyone risk losing all goods due to an attack just to transport more goods at once and not just carry as many goods as you can carry in your bag and travel "safe" routes with your mount?

You could say that I am not a good loser, so if I spend hours/days gathering materials and lose them to arrogant trolls that zerg down my carriage, it may not end well in terms of relations between the game and myself.

squeetee

Ban Hammer
Senior Moderator
Guild Master
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Tank
Discord
squeetee#6525
I think some materials can only be transferred by caravan. Also the weight of the materials is factored in, not how many slots it fills. So 1 iron may weigh 5 units. Perhaps the player can only hold 35 units. And this includes armor and weapons, which could total maybe 27 for said player. That would mean the player could only manually carry 1 iron.

Just my view.

Kleinature

Content Creator
Legend Premium
Dungeon Squad
Swordsman
Reaction score
Great video, enjoyed watching it.

It is not the main topic, but since it has been mentioned, let me ask a question.

Obviously, we will have to wait and see, but brainstorming about the caravan feature makes me wonder: Why would anyone risk losing all goods due to an attack just to transport more goods at once and not just carry as many goods as you can carry in your bag and travel "safe" routes with your mount?

You could say that I am not a good loser, so if I spend hours/days gathering materials and lose them to arrogant trolls that zerg down my carriage, it may not end well in terms of relations between the game and myself.
It comes down to that whole "Risk vs Reward". Technically you could individually carry your resources to and from the nodes making 30x more trips back and forth. Or you could choose to use a caravan and spend some money adding extra guards or maxing the stats on it etc.

I have a feeling you will see caravans EVERYWHERE and that it will be quite difficult to actually take one down. Plus if caravans are all over the place, it will be less likely that your caravan will be targeted specifically unless people knew what was in there.

• Agree
Reactions: Tex

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
It comes down to that whole "Risk vs Reward". Technically you could individually carry your resources to and from the nodes making 30x more trips back and forth. Or you could choose to use a caravan and spend some money adding extra guards or maxing the stats on it etc.

I have a feeling you will see caravans EVERYWHERE and that it will be quite difficult to actually take one down. Plus if caravans are all over the place, it will be less likely that your caravan will be targeted specifically unless people knew what was in there.
Yeah exactly. I think there will be lots of caravans, so the chance of yours getting looted (especially if you get some more protection in terms of guards), should be sufficient.
I do feel this will probably vary a bit (risk aspect), depending on what server you are on. Some seem very very hardcore on the whole caravan looting aspect, and if they have a big guild, coordinated.. Still, I think it will be fine.