What class are you the most interested in?

What class are you the most interested in?

• Total voters

Cydramech

Swordsman
Veteran
Swordsman
Reaction score
Discord
Cydramech#3315
One thing that *cough*FFXIV*cough* got right was the 8-man party. It's only too bad they don't utilize and therefore balance for it in everything.

Majerin

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
Huh, that does look like a fairly neat way to handle it. Assuming balance is even relatively close, will definitely help alleviate the fear of stacking the "best" class. Well, that's pretty exciting.

Reactions: Tex

Cydramech

Swordsman
Veteran
Swordsman
Reaction score
Discord
Cydramech#3315
Huh, that does look like a fairly neat way to handle it. Assuming balance is even relatively close, will definitely help alleviate the fear of stacking the "best" class. Well, that's pretty exciting.
To a degree, that's true. But no matter how balanced something is, it's important to understand that any time you have a non-aesthetic amount of greater than 1 there will always be objectively one better and one worse at least.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
Have they said how many tanks and healers there would be in a standard dungeon group? I'm not totally caught up on all the news. So is it like 1 tank, 2 healer and then 5 damage?
On second thought.
I guess 1 tank (or perhaps even 2 if they keep going with the insanely fast respawn rates, might need a tank to protect the flank), 1-2 healers depending on difficulty, and then fill in the other 4-6 slots with DPS. Hopefully the exact constellation will depend on the instance, and what unique skillset the different DPS classes (especially) can bring to the table. Will this instance favor greatly to have summoners, due to X/Y mobs. Man we really need another dev journal soon :)

Narys

Mother of Yatas
Legend Premium
Veteran
Knight
Donator
Reaction score
AoC Class
Cleric
Discord
Narys#5109
I'm certainly interested in seeing how Cleric combines with Cleric.

Ashone1

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
Right now I am interested in two. A Tank/tank and a Mage /archer or a Mage/bard.

Atheto

Recruit
Recruit
Reaction score
I will definitely be going down the path of trying the cleric options first. Additional HPS or survivability will be my priority so will likely trial cleric/tank, cleric/cleric depending on the augmented abilities. Bard and then summoner and mage will be next in line.

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I will definitely be going down the path of trying the cleric options first. Additional HPS or survivability will be my priority so will likely trial cleric/tank, cleric/cleric depending on the augmented abilities. Bard and then summoner and mage will be next in line.
Good choice. You don't seem to be alone, a lot of votes for cleric :) Not any so far for rogue, summoner or fighter. Though we have very little info on how summoner will work.

Paizu

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Been a long time since I’ve played a game with a dedicated healer. Last time was a few years ago on Archeage. I was a caretaker: Vitalism, Defense and Songcraft. I can’t wait to be a Scryer within Ashes and I hope you’ll all abuse my heals to conquer castles and get me good ingredients for cooking 😗

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
Been a long time since I’ve played a game with a dedicated healer. Last time was a few years ago on Archeage. I was a caretaker: Vitalism, Defense and Songcraft. I can’t wait to be a Scryer within Ashes and I hope you’ll all abuse my heals to conquer castles and get me good ingredients for cooking 😗
Nice to see so many planning on playing cleric and healers in AoC! I'm actually tempted to do a combo with Ranger & Cleric. Would be nice for some added survivability for soloing.

Thoughts about your secondary?

Sidenote: If you need fancy cooking recipes, make sure to visit my kingly tavern ;)

Thurazian

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I’ve been in a lot of MMOs, played so many classes, but I have to say that I am hyped by the Summoner. It looks nice and I can’t wait to play it.

• Agree

AzuraShino

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
I always played a Cleric or a Mage and i love to play her specially in PvP x3 I also saw clerics in different styles of fighting (melee and range) and Im pretty excited to see how the cleric will work with probably a mix of another class.... if its like ArcheAge or a different way x3

Meow~

Suicune

Squire
Squire
Reaction score
Nightspell & Shadow Caster sounds fun (rouge/mage, mage/rouge). I always playing as assassin class or mage, so I'm happy that I can combine these class in AoC. The question is, how will it be playable? :unsure:

Tex

Lord Ashes
Administrator
King
Reaction score
AoC Class
Ranger
Discord
Tex#1327
I always played a Cleric or a Mage and i love to play her specially in PvP x3 I also saw clerics in different styles of fighting (melee and range) and Im pretty excited to see how the cleric will work with probably a mix of another class.... if its like ArcheAge or a different way x3

Meow~
Definitely, me too! Looks like a lot of people are interested in trying out different kind of cleric combos. Melee cleric in combination with tank? Ultimate tanker?